Reebok Crossfit is coming to UTC!!
UTC will be stocking up on shoes, apparel and accessories and we want to hear what interests our members.
Stop by he front desk and you can either place an order or simply just tell us what you would like to see in our store.
AII UTC members will receive a 10% discount on any order!
We now offer an Olympic Lifting Class Saturdays at 8 a.m.
These classes will emphasize the proper form, technique, footwork, and body mechanics necessary to successfully complete the three Olympic Lifts — the Clean, Jerk, and Snatch.
Olympic Weightlifting is a safe and time efficient way to develop multiple athletic capacities within:
- cardiovascular/respiratory endurance
What happens during a UTC Crossfit Olympic lifting Class?
Each of our Olympic Weightlifting classes are under the supervision of USAW certified coach and will run from 8 a.m.-9 a.m. on Saturdays. All ability levels are welcome to attend these classes!
Each class consists of:
- Dynamic warm-up, and flexibility drills.
- Skill-Transfer and Skill-Development movements pertaining to the Snatch and Clean and Jerk.
- Hands-on feedback from the Coach.
- A progressive oly lifting program for all ability levels.
Whether you’re a runner, swimmer, bike racer, student or busy mom, Olympic Lifting will enhance cardiovascular health, improve strength and power, increase full body mobility, and drive movement efficiency.
*Respect the Gym and your Coaches– with the rapid growth of UTC we need to make sure we are taking the steps to provide a enjoyable, functional and safe environment. This can only be accomplished with the help of all of YOU the members. Just to name a few things that you can do to help,
– After every wod, wipe down your equipment and place them back at its designated staging area.
– Beware of your surroundings during a wod. It can get pretty crazy on the floor transitioning from one station to another. Look around you and use common sense with your station.
– ALWAYS !ALWAYS ! ALWAYS ! check with your Coach or Coaches for anything you are not sure about. Thats what we are here for!
– Extra Side Training on your own – Thursdays and Sundays are typically used for this. If you desire to do extra work say after your wod class, it is mandatory for all members to check with the Coach in charge first and it will be their decision whether they let you or not. Again you need to respect their decision.