Happy Valentines Day
Come train today with a partner.
Are you ready for the UTC Paleo Challenge. Stay tuned!
Here’s a recipe from our friends at CFLA
What you will need:
almond meal (enough for dusting all eggplant) apps 1-1.5 cups
extra virgin olive oil
1-2 onions, sliced and cooked down until sweet and tender (optional)
2 cans tomato sauce (no sugar added)
seasonings: basil, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder, fennel seeds
What to do:
Preheat oven to 400
1. Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch round slices and arrange evenly on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
2. Brush both sides of eggplant with olive oil, lightly salt them and sprinkle with almond meal on both sides.
3. Bake 15 min until golden brown, turn over eggplant slices and bake other side for another 15 min.
4. While eggplant is baking, mix the sauce in a bowl and add in spices until it tastes to your liking.
5. In a 9 x 13pan (or smaller) layer ingredients in this order, sauce, eggplant, sauce, onion. This should make 2-3 layers, they don’t have to be perfect. No real science, think lasagna layering. Finish with a layer of sauce and top with onions for garnish. Bake about 10-15 minutes in 350 oven.
6. Serve with your favorite salad.